Firsthand Lothian exists to support disadvantaged families and children with disabilities to achieve their full potential. Our skilled staff and volunteers help build resilience by working with families in their community, providing support, respite care, guidance and information.
Our services are short term and will benefit :
- Early Years families with at least one child under the age of 5
- Families with children with additional support needs
- Disadvantaged and vulnerable families with children under 5 years of age
- Children & young people who have siblings with additional support needs
Our services include:
- 1:1 support for children with disabilities who will be able to achieve their goals & develop their confidence within a time limited service ( maximum of 6 months)
- 1:1 support for children and young people who will benefit from exploring opportunities available to them in their local community and be able to continue to access when the service ends.
- Support for parents who have few support networks of their own
- Working with parents, help and encourage them to establish routines with their children
- Information and support for parents and support to access other agencies appropriate to the needs of the family
- Short term input which will support children with addtional support needs to develop thier confidence and social skills
- Short term input that will support children and young people to engage in other activities outwith the family home on a regular basis
Our Services are provided by:
Self Directed Support - If you are elligible to fund your service through Self Directed Support (SDS) please phone us in the first instance to discuss your requirements.
Our Office is located at:
Strathmore Business Centre
8b McDonald Road