Firsthand Lothian exists to support disadvantaged families and children with disabilities to achieve their full potential. Our skilled staff and volunteers help build resilience by working with families in their community, providing support, respite care, guidance and information.
Our services are for:
- Families with children with disabilities
- Disadvantaged, vulnerable and isolated families
- Young people with disabilities
Our services include:
- Support in the family home for children with disabilities allowing parents carers some respite from their caring responsibilities
- Support and advice for parents who have few support networks of their own
- Working with parents to help establish routines with their children
- Information and support to access other agencies appropriate to the needs of the family
Our Services are provided by:
Self Directed Support - Are you elligible to fund your service through Self Directed Support (SDS), find out more here.
Our Office is located at:
Strathmore Business Centre
8b McDonald Road